Understanding Barelvi Deobandi Difference
Following are Similarities between them.
1.Both are Follower of Imam Abu Haneefah R.A in jurisprudence.
2. In Aqeedah School Both are follower of Imam Abul Hasan AShari Rahimullah and Abu Mnsur Maturidi R.A.
3. For Aqeedah in their Madarsa Same book Aqeedatut Tahawai and Sharah Aqaid is taught.
4.Have same series of scholars like Mujaddid Alfathani R.A.and Shah Waliullah Series.
5.Both Regard Ihsan/Tazkiya/Tasawwuf as Essential and good thing.........................
THEN WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE ?????
Initially differences between Ulema at personal level, then it became between two groups of Ulema and later between general Public.
Finally Differences have come up on four issues in belief.
1.To call Alimul Gaib is permitted only for Allah or it can be said for Huzur Pak Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam also.
- Barelvi say it is permitted to call Aalimul ghaib for Rasululah also
- Deobandi say Aalimul Ghaib (Having knowledge of each and every thing) only for Allah.
2.To call Hazir o Nazir is permitted only forAllah or it can be said for Huzur e Pak Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam also.
- Barelvi say Rasululah is also Hazir o Nazir
- Deobandi say it is not correct to call him Hazir o Nazir.
3. To say Mukhtar e Kul is permitted only forAllah or it can be said for Huzur e Pak Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam also.
- Barelvi say Rasululah is also Mukhatar e Kul (Doing things on his will)
- Deobandi say it is not correct to call anyone Mukhtar e Kul other than Allah
4.What to be called for Huzur Pak Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam weather Noor or Bashar.
- Barelvi say Rasululah is Noor
- Deobandi say Rasulullah was best of whole mankind and of all prophet but he was Bashar .
Apart from these differences there is accusation and counter accusation on leaders by both groups.Whole issue was initially between individual Ulema but later grown as most unfortunate divide of Sunni Muslims of Islamic world.
This Barelvi Deobandi accusation and counter accusation on leaders is virtual difference. Dealing virtual differences accusation/counter accusation is more difficult that dealing actual differences.He said.............They said that.............
The best Solution is that their leaders/ Ulema should sit together................It is certain that if they sit together even for 1 day their differences can be sorted out .................But weather they will be able to bring out this one day ...........before Qiyamat...........fom their busy schedule this is a worthy question.
May Allah help them to bring that one day.
keep doing something according to your capacity and do dua. Do your duty dont abuse Ulema/ leaders of any group. There is not a single benefit with abuse. Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam has prohibited abusing each other. If any big Alim is in near to you try to convince him, and do dua.